Study Requirements for International Students
ELC welcomes applications from international students.
Before studying at ELC, international students must:
- Applicants must be 18 years or over.
- Hold a valid student visa. Full details of immigration requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available from Immigration New Zealand, and can be viewed on their website at: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas
- Have Travel and Health Insurance to cover the entire period of study with ELC.
- Have a satisfactory level of English communication. Where this is in doubt, students will need to pass a Standard English test. More details can be found under each programme (see the links below).
- As this is an internship programme, entry will be dependent on having an approved supervisor and mentor and gaining approval from the Lead Pastor of the church where the internship will take place.
- Be connected to a church in New Zealand and be recommended by that church’s pastor.
For more information on studying in New Zealand go to: https://www.studyinnewzealand.govt.nz/
Click the button below for more information on each of the programmes offered by ELC:
The Student Handbook
For detailed information on the rules and regulations of the college pertaining to International Students such as Entry requirements, Attendance, English language prerequisites, Complaints procedures, Absences, Refunds and more, please read the Student Handbook.
The Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021
ELC adheres to this Code which prescribes the required outcomes education providers need to deliver for their international students.
For more information please click on http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/providers-partners/education-code-of- practice/